To manifest the love of God through efficient actions to fulfill the needs of disadvantaged people.
CHILDREN AND YOUTH
Children and Youth projects are socio-educational projects that aim to offer emotional, educational, and material support to children from the unprivileged background and broken families, children with alcoholic parents, children with one or both parents working abroad, children at risk of dropping out the school, etc. We endeavor to respond to the needs that most children from disadvantaged backgrounds in our country are facing.
Bethania runs the following projects for children and teenagers:
– CHRISTIAN COMMUNITY CENTER based in Tintareni village, Anenii Noi district and
– CHILD DAY CARE CENTER in Bulboaca, a village located 18 km east of Tintareni. During the school year, both centers offer a safe and supportive environment for the after-school period, educational, emotional, and material support, healthy nutrition, and other alternative care to 50 children in Tintareni and 20 children in Bulboaca from a troubled background.
– The TEENAGERS’ CLUB seeks to influence the youngsters from Tintareni by offering support to face the challenges coming up as they grow into adults.
– SUMMER RECREATIONAL ACTIVITIES are designed to provide recreational activities to children and teenagers from low-income and socially vulnerable families.
ELDERLY AND PEOPLE WITH SPECIAL NEEDS
The elderly are one of the most vulnerable groups of people helpless in front of poverty, discrimination, and marginalization. At Bethania, we seek to make a difference in the elders’ lives by providing quality day services in a supportive, comfortable, and secure environment maintaining their independence and social interaction. We aim to improve the quality of the elders’ lives without changing their living place.
We support he elderly and the people with special needs from five villages through the two social canteens that operate in Tintareni and Bulboaca villages from Anenii Noi district.
Through Foster Care projects we aim to provide family care and support to children and young people without parental support and orphan children. From its beginning, Bethania has been implementing the following projects:
– TRANSITION HOUSE FOR ORPHAN GIRLS (1999 – 2015)
– SHELTER, (2005 – 2018)
– HOLIDAY PLACEMENTS, (2008 – 2017)
– IL PONTE (LONG-TERM PLACEMENT), since 2008
– FOSTER CARE, since 2008
– MEDICAL ASSISTANCE AND TREATMENT CAMPS, since 2008
How We Got Started
Our organization came into being in 1998 as a Christian, non-profit, charitable organization founded by Ilie Coada, pastor of the Evangelical Baptist Church in Tintareni, Anenii Noi region. At that time, the organization was operating under the name Dorca Christian Relief Foundation. In 2001 the organization changed its name to Bethania Christian Relief Association. In 2011, Bethania changed its name into Public Association Bethania Christian Relief Association and was included in the State Registry of Non-Commercial Organizations of Moldova under the no. 1717.
Where We Are Now
At the beginning of 2021, the association has around 40 members. It is a non-governmental, apolitical, non-profit public association, with the headquarters of 13 Ştefan cel Mare Street, Ţînţăreni village, Anenii Noi district, Republic of Moldova.
Starting with September 27, 2017, in the position of President of AO ACC Bethania is elected Mr. Kohaniuk Igor.
Currently, Bethania is active in the following social fields:
– Foster Care, through which we aim to provide family care and support to children and young people without parental support and orphan children.
– Children and Youth, through which we aim to offer emotional, educational, and material support to children from the unprivileged background and broken families, children with alcoholic parents, children with one or both parents working abroad, children at risk of dropping out the school, etc.
– Elderly and People with Special Needs, through which we aim to improve the quality of the elders’ lives without changing their living place.
Become a Volunteer Today
There are many ways to volunteer. Find out more about existing opportunities by contacting us. We are looking forward to greet you in our team and work together to improve the lives of poor and needy people in Moldova.
Making a Difference in Moldova Since 1998
Children in Day Care Centers
elderly People Supported
Young people in family based care
"As coworkers with God, Bethania's team has been sensitive over the years to people's needs, as well as to God's voice and His guidance in carrying out the work according to His will."
Igor Kohaniuk, president of Bethania
is bethania a local organization?
Bethania is a republican public association that develops its activity on the territory of the Republic of Moldova, as well as abroad.
Does the moldovan government fund bethania?
We do not receive funds from Moldova government.
how does bethania raise resources?
Bethania raises needed resources for the projects through donations received from individuals, churches and donors. Over the years we have established strong partnerships that helped to improve the lives of many people in Moldova.
How is bethania responsible and accountable for the entrusted funds?
BETHANIA is accountable to our partners and one-time donors for the entrusted funds for making sure that money is used effectively. To ensure our accountability we perform our projects on approved budgets and provide six month and annual activity and financial reports to our partners. Internal audit is done annually, external audit is done at the request of our partners.
Get in Touch. Get Involved.
Contact us to find out how you can help and we will be in touch shortly to let you know how you can get involved in Bethania.